FORMAT: 1A HOST: http://mongohouse.io
For detailed documentation, please visit https://mongohouse.docs.apiary.io
Wikipedia’s explanation of “Metadata”:
Metadata is “data [information] that provides information about other data”. Three distinct types of metadata exist: descriptive metadata, structural metadata, and administrative metadata. Descriptive metadata describes a resource for purposes such as discovery and identification. It can include elements such as title, abstract, author, and keywords. Structural metadata is metadata about containers of data and indicates how compound objects are put together, for example, how pages are ordered to form chapters. It describes the types, versions, relationships and other characteristics of digital materials.  Administrative metadata provides information to help manage a resource, such as when and how it was created, file type and other technical information, and who can access it.
This set of APIs does not provide the actual data, but rather the metadata of the actual data. It provides an interface for developers to query the GTA’s soldrecords.
- building analytic applications;
- creating a report using data aggregation and re-organization;
- feeding to AI framework to support market prediction and machine learning/training.
However, this set of APIs is not suitable for creating an application to display and look up for a single data point. Some of the key information is intentionally hashed for a number of reasons:
- MongoHouse does not own the copyright of the data;
- MongoHouse cannot guarantee the integrity of the data;
- MongoHouse does not have a way to control how the data is re-distributed.
This API set is provided as a pilot test project, in order to learn:
- if there the demand is strong;
- if the data set is meaningful with the selected fields;
- if there are any legal/privacy concerns regarding this platform of data decentralization.
mongohouse.io gets indexed on every 15th day of the month, for previous month’s metadata set. The metadata is roughly 6 weeks behind mongohouse.com’s main database.
- Create a mongohouse.io account: http://mongohouse.io/authentication/signup;
- Fill in the application form: https://goo.gl/forms/2YLHOcxxGrsfx28u1;
- Get comfortable with the APIs: https://mongohouse.docs.apiary.io/#.
This project is currently work-in-progress, and won’t get heavily focused on until:
- Strong interest drives extra funding for resource (engineering resource and infrastructure resource);
- Proven useful and meaningful;
- Externally acquired/funded by third-party who is willing to take ownership/co-ownership of the project.
Please email email@example.com for help.
Please use https://github.com/mongohouse/mongohouse.io/issues to report bugs.
License for this project: MIT (https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
License for the metadata set: GPLv3 (Tentatively, https://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.en.html)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with the core development team.